Monday, August 30, 2004

Le centre de blah blah blah

Daycare centre #2, which we'd considered to be Plan A all along, which plan seemed to have been cruelly thwarted last week by daycare centre Hip & Groovy across the park actually calling us and in turn threw its wrench into my commitment to Plan B, is an incredible place.

For starters, by comparison, it seems incredibly clean, which rather makes me worry about what kind of mother I am that I would've willingly sent my child to some place less clean than this.

I worry also that I'm the kind of mother who would've sent my daughter to the first centre that called, and now I'm gratefully relieved to be able to say I comparison shopped, even if accidentally.

The only thing daycare centre Hip & Groovy across the park had going for it was the park, as a regular playground excursion for Helena and as a thing for me to enjoy walking through daily as part of a forced routine.

But hey, we live here, so we still have the park.

Le centre de blah blah blah strikes me as being pretty institutional, but in a good way, like this is regulated put-your-baby-on-the-fast-track-to-communism stuff. In retrospect, Groovy centre seems a little too free-spirited (I didn't know that was possible).

J-F thinks the exact opposite.

But we both agree it's the right decision.

Helena reacted favourably.

Poor thing has diarrhea the likes of which I've never smelled before, and still I drag her downtown. Her appetite has slowed, but I can think of no anomalies that might've brought this on. Maybe something in the wading pool...

At the dollar store I bought her a child-size broom. Helena couldn't be happier, and our apartment could stand to be a tad cleaner.

Helena is currently enjoying the words towel, truck, and sometimes tractor.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Would you be willing to share the name of this place? My daughter is only 5 months old but it's good to get ahead of the game.

Isabella K said...

Hi Anonymous,

I won't post the name here, but email me (ikratynski@gmail.com) and we can share experiences. If I had it to do all over again, I'd definitely do a little less winging it and a little more research and planning. Live and learn...