1. Suggested the kid have ice cream for supper. It was hot. (She opted for something more sensible. Popsicles for dessert though.)
2. Swung on a swing at the park.
3. Pierogi for supper! (How selfish I am!: I hide them in the freezer till he's away for the weekend so I don't have to share.)
4. Made crêpes. With the kid. Lots of them. (Lots of crêpes, just the one kid.) We will have no breakfast worries for weeks to come!
5. Ate crêpes. (Not all of them.)
6. Fed the ducks at the park. (The other park — took the métro.) Instigated some kind of duck riot.
7. Got caught in the rain. Got soaked. Jumped in puddle.
8. Had a big glass of buttermilk. (The kid is not so much into this, but I think it's delicious.)
9. Stayed in our pyjamas all day long.
10. Played board games.
11. Made significant headway in the book I'm reading — have been reading all summer (Rilke and Andreas-Salomé: A Love Story in Letters).
12. Found massive snail in the soil of a recently acquired houseplant in the course of tending to it. Presumed it dead, but was mistaken. Spent hours, off and on, watching said snail slime about a water glass, extend and retract. Set about to construct it a proper home: old jar nested with dirt and leaves. (Has anyone ever kept a snail for a pet? Tips?)
13. Watched some favourite Doctor Who episodes. Helena has seen them numerous times, but she asks more sophisticated questions about them now.
14. Wrote, some.
15. Did I mention? Stayed in our pyjamas all day long.