Monday, October 05, 2009

Update

Claire and Stefanie win The Savage Detectives and 2666 respectively, both books by Roberto Bolaño. Email me with your snail mail addresses and I'll get these books out to you as soon as I can.

I did finish reading 2666 a few days ago, but I'm having a hard time carving out the mental space to write about it. It's a bit anticlimactic, to have finished. I've been refraining from reading other people's thoughts on the final part, so that my own impressions remain unadulterated, but I'm thinking now it may help catalyze my ideas.

I started reading (and am almost finished) The Locust and the Bird: My Mother's Story, by Hanan Al-Shaykh, and it's very romantic and exuberant and easy to be swept up in.

Life is kind of weirdly busy recently, and I'm having a hard time keeping up and staying focused.

More as it develops...

4 comments:

Stefanie said...

Wow, thanks!

Richard said...

Salut Isabella!

No offense to Stephanie, whom I don't know, but I think it's awesome that Claire won The Savage Detectives given her role co-hosting the 2666 readalong! Both ladies are in for real treats with those two books. I'm also looking forward to your own 2666 final post, so I will stay tuned until you're in the right frame of mind. Naturally, I hope it's soon!

claire said...

XOXOXOXOXOOXOXO Isabella!! Can't thank you enough!! :D

John said...

I think its funny that friends always win these book giveaways. What is the point of even bothering...