Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Today was a good day

I walked to work this morning, and it was a glorious morning. One hour from my front door to my desk, including dropping off the girl, picking up some cash, and thoroughly washing my hands of all the city grime that had settled on me in that time. One hour watching The Main wake up.

At lunch I went to see a chamber orchestra perform Vivaldi's Four Seasons at the church down the street. And it was glorious.

Walking to work would be a good habit to cultivate, I've been thinking, for the exercise and the air — a good way to start the day, in an otherwise underused timeslot, provided I'm sufficiently organized in the morning. However, it does mean losing about 15 minutes of reading time on the metro.

I managed to make up the time today; I left work early (shhh! don't tell my boss), to pick up the girl early ("that way we can spend more time together", she'd suggested). I caught up with her after-school group at the park. She played a bit longer, I read on a swing, and we had a wonderful time.

Spring may finally be here. This may merit a new pair of walking shoes.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

That does sound nice.