Monday, March 13, 2006

Seen this weekend

1. Friends! Even though we had to drive more than 2 hours to get there, and then back, and even though, if we're actually leaving the house and spending money, I'd rather we treat ourselves to a bistro brunch, or cocktails, than overpriced, and overrated, buffet. It's nice to be reminded that I know real people, not just virtual ones, and that I still like them.

2. Formations of Canada geese. They're coming home!

3. The Legend of Zorro. Cuz, well, it's Zorro! and there's swordplay! (And also Rufus Sewell, who appears in the BBC production of Middlemarch, which I look forward to seeing soon.) Zorro's no musketeer, but he'll do.

4. Bear, napping.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rufus Sewell! Yum yum yum yum yum!

And whassamatter with virtual friends, I ask you?! (oh, all right. I knew that.)

Suzanne said...

Some bears have all the luck.

Anonymous said...

That's what I was thinking! Oh to be that lucky bear!

Delightful photo.

Suzanne said...

I love the bear. And I have heard of these things called real-life friends. Something very familiar about the term... I think I may have had some once. Now they are reduced to bits and bytes through the computer and sounds through the telephone.

No, not wistful much!

Anonymous said...

It is always nice to find oneself in the company of old friends and realize that...you still like them!

I've recently had the opposite experience and it leaves you feeling...confused. You find yourself wondering, "Is it me that has changed? Them? Were we ever compatible friends in the first place?"

As for napping bear...I must say that I cannot think of a sweeter place to lay my head than among all those deliciously packed shelves of books!

Anonymous said...

That bear is adorable. I want one for my stacks.