Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Me and U.S. politics

Writers in general are overwhelmingly Democrat.

It comes as no surprise that Orson Scott Card is voting for Bush. John Updike is articulate in his support for Kerry, and Jonathan Franzen thinks Teresa Heinz Kerry is hot.

What does come as a big surprise to me is the explanation of Dred Scott as referenced by Bush in last week's debate.

(Watching the debate, I even started jumping up and down and pointing at "who would you appoint to the supreme court" cuz I'd been thinking that's exactly the question I would've asked.)

Read about sacrificial lambs.
"Thirty states are poised to make abortion illegal within a year."

Vote Kerry.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Already did. Absentee ballots en route to Pennsylvania as we speak. Nice to be from a battleground state for a change, and feel like the ballot might actually make a difference this time.

Now you know why we live in Canada. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Already did. Absentee ballots en route to Pennsylvania as we speak. Nice to be from a battleground state for a change, and feel like the ballot might actually make a difference this time.

Now you know why we live in Canada. ;-)

--rachel

Isabella K said...

Good on you, Rachel! Every vote makes a difference.

I try to reserve my political opinions for dinner conversation, but some things just make me so mad...