Tuesday, March 26, 2013

15th Blue Metropolis Montreal International Literary Festival

The 15th Blue Metropolis Montreal International Literary Festival runs April 22–28. The full program is now available on the festival website.

The recipient of this year's Grand Prix is Colm Tóibín (whom I have not read, but you can be sure I'll be reading up on him now).

And if you're in Montreal that weekend, join me Sunday, April 28, for a breakfast salon to discuss the work of Sylvia Plath, and The Bell Jar in particular.

See you there.

2 comments:

Cipriano said...

Wow!
I would SO MUCH love to go to this. And [of all things] it is the exact week of my vacation time! However, I already have plans to be in Toronto during that entire week. Up to Friday.
Hey, that means I could still make it to your Plath breakfast! Hmmm...
I think The Bell Jar is such a fascinating piece -- plus, I should mention, I love the writing of Colm Toibin. I've read all of his novels and short stories.
Cheers!

Isabella K said...

You should absolutely come to breakfast, Cip! The Bell Jar is truly remarkable -- so funny and charming on the surface, yet...