Wednesday, February 25, 2004

According to the Book Quiz, I'm The Catcher in the Rye, by J.D. Salinger:

You are surrounded by phonies, and boy are you sick of them! In an ongoing struggle to search for a land without phonies, you end up running away from everything, from school to consequences. In this process, you reveal that many people in your life have suffered torments and all you really want to do is catch them as they fall. Perhaps using a baseball mitt. Your biggest fans are infamous psychotics.

Maybe I should grow up.

The second time through, I'm Eliot's Prufrock:

Though you are very short and often overshadowed, your voice is poetic and lyrical. Dark and brooding, you see the world as a hopeless effort of people trying to impress other people. Though you make reference to almost everything, you've really heard enough about Michelangelo. You measure out your life with coffee spoons.

Funny, cuz both these pieces were highly significant to me, when I was 15.

No comments: